Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently asked questions related to Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) and the upgrade process.
- What is an external DVR expander?
- Answer: The DVR Expander is an external hard drive for adding additional storage capacity to your DVR (Digital Video Recorder), adding up to +8,000 hours of additional recording time, depending on the system and recording quality.
- What is the difference between an internal and external DVR hard drive upgrade?
- Answer: The internal upgrade replaces the existing internal hard drive of the DVR. The external expander hard drive connects to the DVR using either an eSATA cable or USB cable depending on the model DVR.
- Is it difficult to install an internal DVR hard drive?
- Answer: No. We provide step by step installation instructions to guide you through the entire process and no technical expertise are required! Should you have questions along the way we are available via phone and email.
- Does DVRdaddy provide installation services?
- Answer: Yes, if you prefer DVRdaddy to install your new hard drive we can certainly handle this for you. Click here for more information regarding installation.
- What if I am not happy with my purchase?
- Answer: No worries, we offer the DVRdaddy satisfaction guarantee; if you are not happy with your purchase for ANY reason just return the item within thirty (30) days of purchase and we will refund the purchase price, no questions asked. NOTE: the only exception is for DVRs as we cannot accept returns of DVRs once they have been activated.